Tuesday, February 2, 2010

A Mother's Job Is To Teach ....

"My job as a Mother is to teach you how to be happy" quote by Mindy. Oh, how I wish I had that thought when I had a house full of kids, I wasn't trying to be mean I was trying to teach them how to be happy". No one can be happy when they hurt someone else (I guess unless he is a psychopath) so when a mother stops that behavior she is trying to teach that to be happy we need to treat others with kindness. "Live isn't fair" - and I am so thankful that life isn't fair - I know people who their whole lives have lived with pain and if life was fair wouldn't that mean I would have to live with pain all of the time? What about being homeless - for it to be fair wouldn't that mean that I would need to be homeless also? I think we should celebrate the fact that life isn't fair - I'll keep my own problems, thank you. "Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" our Constitution. I read where the founding fathers meant that every individual would have equal opportunity to obtain life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Everyone has the opportunity to go to school and get an education and if one works hard enough they can have others pay for their college - it is what one does with the opportunities they are given that will determine the outcome. "You reap what you sow" like the above quote this is so very true and sometimes it will be years later that you reap the tears or laughter. If I am a miserable person today than years from now I could end up with no one wanting to be around me, even if misery loves company. I would rather be with a person who celebrates life then complaining how close death is. "you need to not only believe in Christ but believe what Christ has said" (author is Roberts, I believe). There is such a difference in believing in Christ and believe what he has said. In Alma 36:3 it says ". . . ; for I do know that whosoever shall put their trust in God shall be supported in their trials, and their troubles, and their afflictions, and shall be lifted up at the last day." Do we believe that Christ will support us? Do we believe in his tender mercies? Do we believe our prayers are answered? Do we believe he really knows me? "Life is not a bowl full of cherries" life at times just sucks! No apparent reason, even when we keep the commandments, do everything in our power, at times life will give out stress, heart burn, headaches, bad health and bad breath. "It is not what happens to us that matters but how we respond that matters". Attitude is everything, nobody lives a perfect life but a person can have a perfect attitude. Well, I hope you liked the quotes but best of all a Mother's job is to teach happiness. Love to all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment