Wednesday, June 3, 2009
I have done some amazing things
Ok, if you were to ask me outright what those amazing things were I would have to say I don't remember. I mean so much time has passed that I am sure that I have done a least one amazing thing - maybe it was so amazing it went right over my head and I didn't realize it or I am just in the habit of doing amazing things and just don't realize how amazing I am. Then there is always the argument that every person has a different perspective of what goes on around them - for instance Ken might feel that when he gets home and I am dressed and not on the computer is an amazing thing. I just had my 59th birthday and to some that is amazing to be that old and still walking around.
At the rec center that I go to for water aerobics there is a very tall slide, you have to walk up three flights of stairs and last Friday I went down that water slide not once but twice - that is amazing, especially to those women who said they would NOT be going down that slide. I tried to tell them if they were afraid of going down the slide how were they every going to be able to go sky diving next year when I turn 60. One older lady (probably in her 80's) decided that she would go down the slide. She was having a few problems getting back on her feet when she hit the water and I just happened to still be in the pool so after a few seconds I thought it might be a good idea to help her get her head above water so I grabbed her arm, the thing is when I saw her head my first thought was "what happened to all of her hair, she looks bald". After I got her head out of the water I heard someone scream pull her out of the water - it didn't phase me one bit because I was still focused on where had all of her beautiful white hair gone to. Any way, she coughed a little and complained about water in her ears - everyone clapped for her because she did the amazing thing of going down the waterslide. My thoughts on the whole matter is that if you look bald when you have wet white hair - I don't want any part of that, I'll just get me a supply of black hair dye.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I can just picture you and your swimming friends going down that slide! I bet that kept you laughing for the whole day. Good for you Mom!
ReplyDelete