Saturday, February 14, 2009

I thought I had done it all

Well, it has come to pass . . . . I was called a Dork. I go to water aerobics 5 mornings a week and usually take my towel and toiletries out to the pool so then I can just grab them and go right to the showers after the class. Well last week I did what I do everyday and after taking a shower I reached for my towel and it wasn't there! I started shouting that someone had taken my towel and I really needed it - my friend, Kristin, comes walking in from the pool and tells me to calm down (I thought I was calm, I mean how would you feel if you were standing in a public shower stall wet and naked with the possibility of having to walk your wet naked body to your locker where the only other towel you have is a hand towel?) and tell her what happened - well I don't know how many women went looking for my towel - many nice towels were brought to me but none of them were mine. Kristin then asked me where my locker was and I told her I remembered that I had taken it out to the pool. Well, you guessed it. I had left my towel on the bench and had brought only the basket with my toiletries in with me. As Kristin came walking in with my (you left it?) towel she looked at me and said "You are such a DORK!" Now everyone in the class watches as I leave to make sure my towel is with me! I am such a Dork. Oh, and the add injury to insult (?) Kristin asked me if I would please get a bright colored towel so it would be easier to find.

1 comment: