Saturday, March 28, 2009

Oh no, I understood Isaiah

If someone was to ask me what I spend most of my time on during the day it would be either exercising or my most favorite, studying the scriptures. I can only do so much exercising before my body demands that I stop and at times I fall asleep while soaking in a tub of hot water and apple cider vinegar. Studying the scriptures is a whole different story because I could go hours reading and researching, going from one topic to another and eventually finding the day is almost gone and Ken is due home in a few minutes. Now, don't get me wrong I don't sit without moving, I get up about every 10 minutes to let Sophie (Faye's puppy) out to do her business, or I am getting a drink of water, etc. but my mind is going at the usual speed of 1,000 mph. and I am also taking notes but sometimes I come to a scripture that stops me dead in my tracks and I don't move except for the horror racing through me wondering, "Oh, no do I do (did) that?" It is like one of my earlier posts on murmuring. Well, I have an even better one than that and of all places it is a quote from Isaiah. Now I know I am in trouble because not only did I understand Isaiah I could readily apply it to me - See the horror in this. To share this little tid bit you can find it in 2 Nephi 7:1 "......Behold for your iniquities have ye sold yourselves......" My first thought was; "I have prostituted myself for candy!" If that was my first thought I am not going into the other thoughts that followed (I am afraid you would die of either laughter or horror). My question to you; what have you sold yourself for?

No comments:

Post a Comment